Please Give Generously to Your Society
Heart Rhythm Society Chief Executive Officer James H. Youngblood makes an end of year appeal
December 1, 2010
As 2010 winds down, letís stop take a moment to reflect on and give thanks for all our blessings by supporting the Heart Rhythm Society, Heart Rhythm Foundation and the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners. This year, the Society successfully launched a variety of new programs and enhanced several existing programs.
In 2010 the Society:
- Distributed more than 1,200 complimentary resource kits in support of our Sudden Cardiac Arrest awareness campaign
- Became a member of the American Medical Association House of Delegates
- In partnership with the American College of Cardiology, launched the NCDR® ICD Registry V2.0
- Focused on Leaders in Quality at Heart Rhythm 2010
- Published/endorsed seven clinical documents
- Planned new educational opportunities for health care professionals, including five additional Allied Professionals regional programs, the new EP Virtual Manual, Catheter Ablation Course, Board Review Course, and Early Career EP Programs
- Enhanced The Furman Fund travel scholarship for physicians and scientists in training
- Received the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accreditation for IBHRE®
Currently there are over two and a half million people affected with heart rhythm disorders every year. Donations from our members, their patients, families and friends (please see our list of Ambassadors, Chairmanís Society and Founders) support the Heart Rhythm Society, which is the leading organization focused on advancing heart rhythm care and uniquely positioned to impact patient outcomes. These projects support our mission to improve the care of patients by promoting research, education and optimal health care policies and standards.
Donations and matching gifts can be sent to the Heart Rhythm Foundation at 1400 K Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20005 or you can make a contribution online. If you have questions, please contact Betsy Bogdansky at (202) 464-3454 or bbogdansky@HRSonline.org for assistance.
James H. Youngblood
Chief Executive Officer, Heart Rhythm Society
Heart Rhythm Foundation
1400 K Street, N.W.
Washington D.C. 20005
About the Heart Rhythm Foundation
The mission of the Heart Rhythm Foundation is to enhance the prevention and treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders by supporting the research, education and advocacy efforts of the Heart Rhythm Society. Its goal is to promote a culture of giving in service to this mission.
About the Heart Rhythm Society
The Heart Rhythm Society is the international leader in science, education and advocacy for cardiac arrhythmia professionals and patients, and the primary information resource on heart rhythm disorders. Its mission is to improve the care of patients by promoting research, education and optimal health care policies and standards. www.HRSonline.org
About the International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE)®
IBHRE represents a standard of excellence for cardiac arrhythmia professionals, and its exam is recognized globally as the highest benchmark of professional competency in cardiac pacing, defibrillation and electrophysiology. www.IBHRE.org